If you want to go from a big board to a smaller one, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard is for you.
The Greco Surf team knows that transitioning from a nine or an eight-foot board to something smaller can be challenging so they have come up with the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard, a seven-foot foamboard that makes the adjustment a lot easier.
- The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard measures 7’ x 22’ x 3.3” and weighs approximately 13 lbs., making it ideal for lugging around. With an approximate volume of 54.9 liters, this simple yet bright surfboard can support body weight of up to 150 pounds.
- Made with Greco Surf Inspired Technology, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard features cured and treated wood springers that are double reinforced to give the board the stability Greco Surf is known for.
- Features a six-ounce top and bottom internal epoxy core, a double concave bottom that allows for optimal buoyancy and PVC fin holes filled with fiberglass to prevent water entry.
- This seven-foot softboard is made of premium materials: a closed cell EPS foam core, a plastic bottom reinforced with HDPE and a lightweight IXPE deck with high density.
- Like other Greco Surf boards, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard comes with a built-in key compartment and rail saver, a seven-foot High-End leash and a high-strength clear TPU leash with custom Greco blue.
- The board is set up with three thruster fins, each measuring four inches. These fins are made of fiberglass and nylon to ensure the board’s thrust and rigidity, and are rounded at the edges to decrease accidents. A fourth fin, measuring nine inches, is included as well.
- The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard comes in white, yellow and pink, making the board a fun and enjoyable foamy.
- The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard is clearly a beginner softboard but that doesn’t mean that more experienced surfers will not find any use for it. Unlike fiberglass surfboards that require a lot of work and effort, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard makes for easier paddling which translates to a lot of surfing fun and pleasure.
- It is a known fact that the longer the board, the more stable it is. But even if this the case the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard offers enough stability to give novice surfers the confidence and support they need as they learn the ropes.
- Lightweight and durable, this softboard is designed in a way that showcases the Greco Surf team’s great attention to detail.
- The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard also comes with beautifully constructed rails and a double concave belly that provides great buoyancy.
- The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard offers excellent value; no other surfboard brand offers the same features and functionality as Greco Surf does.
- Greco Surf provides excellent customer service, which makes the whole process of choosing, buying and maintaining the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard a pleasant one.
- Like all softboards, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard is not completely safe from warping and bubbling, due to its construction. To avoid this, make sure that you keep the board away from sun exposure by lying it face down so that the glossy underside faces the sun. You must also make sure to maintain it well by storing it properly when not in use.
- All Greco Surf boards tend to be slippery, so the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard needs regular waxing unlike other boards.
- One user mentioned a durability issue which was not resolved even after the user had been guided by the Greco Surf team through the repair process.
If fun in the water is what you’re looking for then the Greco Surf 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard is the performance longboard for you.
This soft top board which, is on sale at Amazon for around $240, is the perfect size for those who wish to switch from the longboard to the shortboard without making any big or sudden adjustments. With the materials and design of the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard, users will surely have fun while advancing their surfing skills.
Thinking that the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard may be a tad too short for you? You can try the Greco Surf 2.0, which costs $10 more than the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard. The 2.0 is longer, wider and thicker than the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard and supports more weight.
Another foamy you might want to consider is the Eden, which measures 8’8” x 23’ x 3.8,” providing greater support, stability and floatability to the user. The Eden is currently on sale at Amazon for around $280.
The 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard has only a few reviews, which points not to its under performance but more on it being a relatively new surfboard. After all, the 7′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard did receive 11 positive reviews out of the 12. However, this should not be the only basis for your decision of buying it or not.
Remember that it is a Greco Surf foamy, made with the same technology and same craft and attention Greco Surf is famous for. This should be enough as it would not get a 4.6 rating from a possible 5 stars if not for its high performance.