Do you want a surfboard to help you improve your favorite hobby? You might want to give the BIC Sport DURA-TEC Surfboard a try. Built with the same craft and care as all BIC surfboards, the BIC Sport DURA-TEC promises to give surfers “the feel of a long board and the performance of a fun board.”
Considered the classic old man’s long board, the BIC Sport DURA-TEC Surfboard is ideal not just for beginners but also for expert surfers who want to have fun riding the waves.
- Sturdy construction which also offers a 3D traction pad for an improved grip.
- Includes a premium high strength clear TPU leash and a built-in rail saver and key compartment.
- Features 4-inch round-ended thruster fins made of nylon and fiberglass for improved directional stability and control.
- Has an approximate weight of 17 lbs and a volume of 92.4 liters that holds up to 250 lbs of body weight and dimensions that measure 8’8” x 23’ x 3.8”
- Uses DURA-TEC construction which allows the user to perform at optimal levels.
- Boasts a double concave design, fin holes filled with fiberglass (to avoid water entry) and double reinforced wood stringers and a center fiberglass rod stringer.
- Great for family use. Beginner adult surfers can learn to surf using the board, while younger kids can use it as a paddleboard for riding. Later on, even kids can pop up on the board and start learning how to surf with the BIC Sport.
- Although thicker than most long boards, the BIC Sport is more lightweight and has less tendency for the nose to dive into the water.
- The BIC Sport is one of the premium foam boards available today, with a soft top that ensures stability and safety especially for beginning surfers.
- Thanks to its length and width, the BIC Sport delivers great buoyancy and balance that helps to catch waves that make surfing fun.
- The bottom contour of the board makes for effortless paddling and a really easy glide, which is aided by the great thrust the fiberglass fins provide.
- BIC Sport provides excellent customer service, making the experience of buying, using and maintaining the BIC wonderful.
- The BIC Sport can present surfers some issues in turning and maneuvering, but that is how long boards are. If you are an experienced surfer, you might want to get a short board that will give you more turning power. That being said, the BIC Sport still provides enough turn for you to feel the wave and move with the wave as it grows bigger.
- This BIC Sport board can be a bit too bulky so lugging it around can prove to be a challenge.
- Like other foam surfboards, the BIC Sport can warp when exposed to the sun. To avoid this, make sure it stays in the shade when not in use or if there’s no shade, have it lying face down.
Do yourself a favor and get the BIC Sport. You won’t regret it, because this long board functions like a fun board that is more forgiving, so you do not have to exert more effort than is needed. After all, surfing is not just about perfect form in the water or riding those perilous waves. Surfing is about having fun which is something you surely will experience by using the BIC Sport. Constructed with the same technology as the other BIC surfboards, the BIC Sport provides every surfer, no matter the skill level, buoyancy and stability that make every ride an experience to remember.
Should you find the BIC Sport a bit too long for you, you can opt for a Greco Surf foamy which is smaller. This soft top long board is shorter and more lightweight than the BIC Sport and is ideal for both novice and experienced surfers. Currently on sale for a reasonable price, the Light is sure to provide you the same quality performance every Greco Surf foamy is known for.
You can also choose the middle ground and opt for the Greco Surf 2.0, which is eight feet long and has a volume that can support body weight of up to 180lbs. The 2.0 is ideal for beginners and expert surfers alike, as is made with the same technology as the other two boards.
Should you get the BIC Sport DURA-TEC Surfboard? Definitely. With 4.1 stars out of a possible 5, the BIC Sport will make a great foam surfboard especially for newbies just beginning to learn the sport and for those who are looking to improve their technique.