Has your child been riding your surfboard and shown an interest in surfing? Does she take to your board the way a duck takes to water? Does he have the makings of the next surf king? Then do yourself and your child a favor by getting him or her the 6-foot FSE FoamieSoft Surfboard by Liquid Shredder.
This lightweight and highly buoyant softboard makes a perfect first board for children and for beginners who weigh less than 120 lbs. Stable and buoyant, this Liquid Shredder board is guaranteed to provide novice surfers a good time while learning the ropes of wave riding.
- This Liquid Shredder foams of the board measures 6’x 20” x 2.5,” weighs approximately 9 lbs and has a volume of 44 liters, ideal for supporting weight of up to 120 lbs.
- The board has an Expanded Polystyrene(EPS) foam blank as its core, sandwiched by a soft yet firm Expanded Polyethylene (EPE) foam deck and a white Polypropylene(PP) bottom that is rigid, hard, slick and superfast. It also features two wooden stringers that give the board the stiffness it needs for optimal performance.
- The board is hand shaped and heat laminated, using a high tech design to ensure high performance other foam softboards cannot give.
- Comes in three wonderfully bright colors – blue, red and yellow – that add to the fun and enjoyment of surfing the waves. The deck also provides a comfortable non–slip texture that helps surfers stay on the board.
- Unlike other foamboards in the market, this Liquid Shredder softboard feels solid and unyielding, yet provides the safety a good foamy does, especially for accident-prone novice surfers.
- This six-foot board is lightweight and portable, making it very easy for even kids to carry it around.
- Thanks to the board’s materials and construction, this softboard is highly buoyant and stable, which ensures easy paddling, maneuvering and catching waves.
- The three fins that come with the board are all flexible and rounded, which ensures a safer and less accident-prone experience for novice surfers.
- Comes at a very affordable price that is perfect for beginners, especially children. If they decide in the end that surfing is not for them, you would not worry too much about how expensive the board is.
- Although this is a good softboard for beginners, some might not be able to enjoy this board because of their ability or weight.
- In spite of the many positive feedback about this Liquid Shredder Board, its size can prove to be an issue when it comes to popping up, mounting, dismounting and controlling the board.
- Although the soft top provides more safety, this also means that the surfboard is more susceptible to dings, marks and scratches.
- This foam surfboard from Liquid Shredder does not come with a leash, so you have to spend around $25 more to get a leash to go with the board.
- Does not come with a leash, so you have to be prepared for something extra
- Though the plastic fins are flexible and soft, they can also be a disadvantage since they break easily; plus, they are hard to replace because they do not come in standard size.
Get your kid started with surfing and watch him grow loving the water and the waves. To make his learning experience fun and memorable, get him a board that will provide not just enjoyment and pleasure, but also support and safety.
You can have all these with the Liquid Shredder Board, which is available on Amazon for around $155. This board is not just cost-effective; it also yields high performance, thanks to the technology that goes into its construction.
If you wish for your child to have a bigger board to start with, you might want to try the Greco Surf Light, which sells for around $240 at Amazon. Most surfers would agree that this is a good board to start with, because of its soft top, its three-fin system and the technology behind its make.
If you are just trying to gauge how your child would take to surfing, you might want to get the Quest Surf Twin Fin Hybrid Body Board, which he can use as a paddle board and a body board. Available on Amazon for around $70, this board will allow your kid to experience the fun of riding the waves, without requiring you to shell out a big amount.
Price does not have to be an issue if your kids want to learn to surf. With the Liquid Shredder FSE EPS/PE Soft Surf Board, you can have your son or daughter learn the rudiments of surfing without breaking the bank.
As beginners, they would be subjecting the board (and themselves) to a lot of bashing, so it would be best to give them something that is both safe and sturdy but not too expensive, such as this softboard, which is given a rating of 4.2 out of 5 possible stars by 67 users as of this writing.