Are you a novice surfer looking to buy your first board? Then the Greco Surf 2.0 is the board for you.
As you might already know from research, bulky and long is the way to go in buying a surfboard- especially if you are just learning how to ride the waves. Thin and sleek might be cool but you have more stability when you start out with a longboard, such as the 2.0.
However, the thing about longboards is that they are heavy and can be a pain to carry and paddle on. For this, the 2.0 is the exception. Weighing just 15 lbs. approximately, the Greco Surf 2.0 is relatively easy to lug from the car to the beach (and back) and to sweep through the surf break.
- Has a body made of an EPS foamcore, high density lightweight IXPE deck and a plastic bottom reinforced with HDPE
- Includes an 8-inch leash made of high-end material, a built-in compartment for your keys and a built-in rail saver
- With three thruster 4-inch fins made of durable fiberglass and nylon to allow greater thrust and rigidity, with rounded edges for increased safety; can be fitted with a fourth fin, which measures 9 inches and is included in the purchase
- Measures 8’ x 23’ x 3.7”, weighs 15 lbs., and has a volume of approximately 72.09 liters, which allows the board to hold up to 180 lbs. of body weight (depending on the balance and coordination of the surfer)
- Uses Greco Surf Respired Technology, which ensures that all Greco Surf boards have the same precise designs and shapes that create high performance foam surfboards
- Comes in three cool and fun colors- blue, red and white.
- The 2.0 provides great stability, making it a perfect board for novice surfers.
- The thickness and buoyancy of the board makes it very easy for even beginners to paddle and catch a wave, unlike fiberglass boards that sink more into the water therefore requiring more work from the surfer.
- Since the Greco surf 2.0 is a softboard it decreases the risk of injuries and accidents, especially for beginners who are still learning the ropes.
- Durable and portable, the 2.0 offers great value and delivers more surfing fun and enjoyment than most foam (and fiberglass) surfboards.
- The Greco Surf team offers excellent customer service, helping customers not only with their purchases but also giving them tips and tricks about taking better care of their surfboards.
- The 2.0 is a softboard and like all softboards, it suffers blistering when left under the sun for extended periods of time – no matter how long or how short. To avoid this, you must never leave your board under the sun.
If it cannot be helped, turn the board upside down so the white glossy side is the one facing the sun or put it in the shade (a big umbrella to cover it would be helpful too).
- Can be more difficult to maneuver compared to short boards but that is how longboards generally are.
Don’t waste your time, your money or your effort in looking for another longboard. Greco Surf has always been regarded as a highly reputable name in the softboard business which is why we recommend getting the 2.0, one of the best longboard foamies the company produces.
No matter your level of expertise, you will surely have a lot of fun riding the waves with this foam longboard which is on sale for around $250 at Amazon.
Of course, you do not want to blindly jump into buying the Greco Surf 2.0, so you might want to compare it with other boards from Greco Surf’s wide collection of foamies.
One of your options is the 8.8” Performance Soft Top Longboard, also called the Eden. The Eden is built with the same Greco Surf Respired technology, which ensures that you are getting only the finest quality boards for your surfing needs.
The main difference between the 2.0 and the Eden is that the latter is longer and can hold more weight due to its greater volume. Available on Amazon for a sale price of around $280, this foamy is guaranteed to provide long hours of surfing fun.
You might also want to look into the Light, another foamboard from Greco Surf. Smaller and lighter than the 2.0 and the Eden, the Light – which is on sale at Amazon for roughly $240 – is ideal for surfers who want to start transitioning to the shortboard or for those who want greater challenge as they learn how to ride.
Still not convinced? Then let the reviews speak for the positive points of owning the Greco Surf 2.0. If it weren’t as good as the company claims, how would it get a 4.8 out of 5 star rating? You can’t go wrong with all 44 reviewers giving this surfboard shining positive reviews.